3 KNUST students killed in 2 separate accidents
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-21330,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-13.3,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.0.5,vc_responsive

3 KNUST students killed in 2 separate accidents

3 KNUST students killed in 2 separate accidents

28 March 2021

Three students died on the campus of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in two separate accidents on Saturday, March 27, 2021.
In the first incident, two students died when the vehicle they were using crashed into a tree around 3am

There were a total of five people in the vehicle, four KNUST students and one student from the University of Ghana (UG).
The students reportedly went out to a night club and were returning to the campus.
Graphic Online understands they were driving a black Hyundai Sonata saloon vehicle with Registration number GR 9241-19.
Photos obtained by Graphic Online after the accident shows a badly damaged vehicle.

Second incident
The third student died in the second incident at around 11am after falling and knocking the head on a staircase.

He is said to have gone to visit a friend when he passed out, fell on the stairs of the first floor of the Unity Hall [Continental] and hit the head against the staircase.
He was rushed to the hospital where he died.

Police investigations underway
Explaining, the University Relations Officer (URO) of the KNUST, Dr. Daniel Norris Bekoe said the first incident occurred when a car with five students ran into a tree around 3 am.

Meanwhile, Graphic Online checks at the KNUST Police station indicate that the student who fell and died at the Unity Hall has been identified as 19-year-old Cupson Larry Leslie.
He was a level 100 [first year] Bachelor of Science student in Mathematics.
The police confirmed he went to visit a female colleague at the Unity Hall who is also a level 100 Bachelor of Science student in Mathematics and a resident of Room 7 on the first floor.
Whilst they were standing on the veranda on the first floor at Block B, he suddenly fell and sustained injury on the head and was first rushed to the KNUST Hospital from where he was referred to KATH.
He was admitted at the KATH Emergency Ward at 12:54 pm and later died at 3pm.



No Comments

Post A Comment