11 Feb Marriage scandal hits Jubilee House ,President’s comm director enstranged
By Staff reporter
The wife of the Communications Director at the Presidency of Ghana, has made a damning revelations about the husband, Mr Eugene Arhin, in divorce papers filed at the matrimonial division of the Accra High Court.
In the writ available to Dateline Africa, the wife alleged that the husband shortly after his appointment started behaving in unusual way towards her and their children and continued on this path until the relationship between them deteriorated.
The allegations made by the wife in the writ will be devastating and shocking to Ghanaians, as the young politician is the “right hand man” of the President of Ghana .
At least, he handles all the communication from the Presidency .
Ghana’s President is known to be a lawyer who has fought for human rights since his practice, and has campaigned aggressively against corruption at the pinnacle of power.
If the allegations made by the wife is true, it will raise legitimate questions to as to why an appointee at the Presidency was able to acquire all these properties in a matter of four years as averred by the wife
Mrs Gloria Assan Arhin also allege in the divorce filling that her husband has on several occasions unequivocally informed her that he is no longer interested in the marriage
She alleges that the husband commits adultery and behaved unreasonably towards her.
In the writ, the wife claims that during the pendency of their marriage and through their joint effort they acquired and developed some properties including:
1. A five-bedroom residential property (which was intended to be the matrimonial home of the parties) situate on a two plot of land lying at East Legon in Accra.
2. A four-storey building comprising 16 separate flats/apartments situated on a parcel of land at Bubiashie in Accra which land was acquired from a family friend of Petitioner.
3. An ongoing storey building comprising of 16 separate flats/apartments situate at Tuba-Weija in Accra.
4. A storey building comprising apartments erected on a parcel of land situate at Teshie in Accra.
5. A residential property situated at AU village at La in Accra.
6. A residential building situated at Senya Breku in the Central Region where the Respondent comes from.
7. A waterfront residential property/resort situated at Ada Foah in the Greater Accra region.
8. 3K barbering shop at Teshie.
For moveable properties, Gloria Arhin states that they have:
1. One Ford F150 vehicle
2. Toyota Avalon vehicle with registration number GR 7108-18
3. Toyota Lexus vehicle with registration number GE 4646-18
4. Toyota Tundra vehicle with registration number GE 7108-18
5. Hyundai Elantra vehicle with registration number GE 4646-19
Gloria Assan Arhin is among other things praying the Court for 10 reliefs:
1. That the said marriage be dissolved.
2. That the Petitioner be granted custody of the three children of the marriage, with visiting right to the Respondent.
3. That the five-bedroom residential house situated at East Legon be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
4. That eight of the apartments/flats in the building situated at Bubiashie (representing 50%) be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
5. That eight of the apartments/flats in the building situated at Tuba-Weija (representing 50%) be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
Read the details of reliefs below
6. That vehicles with registration numbers GE 4646-18 and GE 7108-18 be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
7. The Petitioner be declared a joint owner in equal share with the Respondent in all the other properties acquired in the course of the marriage.
8. That the Respondent be ordered to pay the Petitioner the sum of two million cedis (GH¢2,000,000).
9. An order for the Respondent to maintain the children, pay the school fees and health bills of the children of the marriage.
10. That the Respondent be ordered to pay costs of and incidental to this suit.
Read below the writ from Gloria Arhin